Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

This past weekend was a blast! We were super busy every day, but we enjoyed every minute of it!

Turkey Day with the Woods was a totally new experience for me. I had never been to a dinner with so many people! The food was amazing too! Lots of turkey, stuffing, and you can't forget the delicious desserts. We also watched lots and lots of football. At 9:30 at night, we (Preston, Meranda, Parker, Willie, and I) decided to go to Black Friday at midnight to watch all the crazy people. Well I became one of those crazy people. I found a camera that I wanted that was only $100, usually $200! I got luck and got the very last one on the shelf!! Only bad thing, I can't have it until Christmas. :( oh well at least I'll get it soon!
Friday we went to the last home football game for the Utes. Unfortunately they lost 20-17. We did get to see two former Wolverines that Preston played with score touchdowns. :) We had great seats, if only it hadn't been so cold. After the game we went and saw The Muppets. It was the funniest movie I have seen in quite some time! I laughed through the whole thing! :)
Saturday we got up bright and early to go cut down our Christmas tree in Wayne County. We left at 7 and got down there about 10:30. We found our Christmas tree and it looks so much better than last years Charlie Brown tree. :) Preston stayed the night to help with work on the farm, while I came back to teach our Primary class.
Sunday was my sister Chantel's Birthday. It was a big birthday for her! I also had the opportunity to help my mom set up her Christmas tree. It is always my favorite thing to put up for Christmas. Preston and Evan made it home safely from Wayne County and I was so glad to have my husband back home. :)
Monday (even though it wasn't part of the weekend) was Evan's birthday, so we went over for cake and ice cream. :)

Overall we had a holiday weekend and look forward to many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment